Marple Township Car Accident Lawyers
Marple Township, Pennsylvania, like the surrounding areas in Delaware County, has a number of car accidents each year. These accidents put drivers at risk for serious injuries and financial losses.
There are often multiple parties that can be held responsible for injuries suffered as the result of a car accident. Identifying liable individuals and entities and pursuing claims against all negligent parties can be a legally complex process. Trying to recover from physical injuries and emotional trauma while handling all necessary details after a car accident can leave you overwhelmed and financially drained. A Marple Township car accident lawyer can handle every step of your case.
What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
With so many vehicles on Pennsylvania roadways, car accidents are a common occurrence. Many accidents are preventable and caused by driver negligence or disregard for safety.
There are many different types of car accidents that occur in Marple Township. Some of the most common include:
- Multi-vehicle accidents: Accidents involving three or more vehicles can be catastrophic. The involvement of multiple vehicles in an accident typically leads to a more complicated legal process.
- Rear-end collisions: These accidents often result from drivers following too closely behind other cars and being distracted. Drowsy driving and impaired driving are also common factors in rear-end collisions.
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions are among the most catastrophic types of crashes due to the force of impact. These kinds of crashes are more likely to result in severe or fatal injuries.
- Side-impact collisions: These accidents happen when a car moving in one direction hits another car at a perpendicular angle. Side-impact collisions are often caused by motorists failing to stop at intersections or disregarding traffic signs and signals.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents are frequently caused by drivers who fail to check their blind spots before changing lanes. When the initial impact causes one or both cars to spin out of control, run off the road or into other lanes of traffic, it puts other motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists at risk.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents in Marple Township?
There are many different causes of car accidents, including:
- Speeding: Speeding is a leading cause of fatal car accidents. Driving at high speeds decreases the drivers’ ability to control their vehicles, increases the force of impact, and reduces the effectiveness of seat belts.
- Impaired driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous and another top cause of car accidents. Impaired driving is a nationwide problem and more likely to involve young drivers.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving has become a major issue over the last several years, largely due to advances in technology. Texting, adjusting music, and handling the navigation device are all distracting actions.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive drivers operate their car with a reckless disregard for the safety of others on the road. Common aggressive driving behaviors include road rage, speeding, swerving, and failing to yield.
- Poorly maintained roads: Hazardous road conditions such as cracked pavement and road debris can cause a variety of accidents. Car accidents can also be caused by winter roads that are not properly plowed, salted, or sanded.
- Defective auto parts: Vehicles that have defective or faulty parts, parts that were installed incorrectly, or are poorly maintained can lead to serious car accidents.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can cause many types of injuries, ranging from minor to severe. Some common car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
- Cuts and lacerations.
What Should I Do After a Marple Township Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is important not only for your health and safety, but for possible future legal proceeding. The next step is to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer.
There are many reasons to hire a Marple Township car accident lawyer, including:
- A knowledgeable car accident lawyer can help ensure a smoother and more efficient legal process.
- An attorney will investigate the cause of the car accident, review police and medical records, consult with experts, and file claims against all liable parties.
- Your attorney can help calculate how much compensation can possibly be recovered in your particular case, factoring in medical bills and ongoing care costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, punitive damages, and property damage.
- An attorney can file a wrongful death lawsuit in the case of a fatal accident.
Marple Township Car Accident Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Can Protect Your Rights and Best Interests After an Accident
Being involved in a serious car accident can leave you facing injuries, medical expenses, diminished earning capacity, as well as pain and suffering. Our Marple Township car accident lawyers at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C. can help. To schedule a consultation, call us at 610-565-3701 or contact us online. Located in Media and West Chester, Pennsylvania, we represent clients in Delaware County, Chester County, and Montgomery County.