PATRICK T. HENIGAN
Pat has over 20 years’ experience handling complex litigation matters. He has tried in excess of 100 cases to verdict and participated in several hundred arbitrations. Pat’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation in civil and Orphans’ Courts. In addition to representing clients in civil court, Pat has litigated matters before several administrative bodies including the Trademark Appeal Trial Board.
Pat Henigan is recognized by Suburban Life Magazine as an “Awesome Attorney”, awarded to the Philadelphia area’s top attorneys who go above and beyond to meet clients’ needs and provide the Philadelphia area’s best legal counsel and representation. Read more.
Significant Legal Work
- Church of the Overcomer v. Delaware County Board of Assessment Appeals, 18 A.3d 386 (Pa. Commw. 2011)
- Van Impe, E. v. A.N.T.P., Pa. Superior No. 2442 EDA 2011 (August 21, 2012)
- Philadelphia use of Allied Roofers v. Joseph S. Smith Roofing, Inc., 599 A.2d 222 (Pa. Super.1991) (Enforceability of “joint pay” clauses in construction contracts)
- Erlichman v. Judge Technical Services, 769 A.2d 1212 (Pa. Super 2000) (Noncompete is not enforceable where employer failed to notify employee that execution of the Noncompete was a condition of employment until employee accepted position and commenced employment)
- AdamsUSA v. Reda Sports, Third Circuit, No. 05-2395, (opinion March 22, 2007) (Court of Appeals affirmed the denial of a Motion to Open a Judgment)
- Hess v. Port Authority, 8 F.3d 811 (3d Cir. 1993)(Quasi-governmental agency immunity under the Eleventh Amendment).
- Costa v. Chertoff et al, Eastern District of Pennsylvania., No. 07-2467 (Memorandum Opinion December 11, 2007)(Legal resident alien has right to prosecute action under the Administrative Procedure Act to require the FBI and the INS to process his application for citizenship)
- Christopher v. First Mutual Corp., Eastern District of Pennsylvania, No. 05-0115 (Memorandum Opinion October 9, 2007) (Mortgage lender granted Motion of Judgment on the Pleadings in lender liability action)
- Hartnett v. Atlantic Limousine et al., Eastern District of Pennsylvania, No. 89-8787 (Approval of class action settlement for a class of Atlantic City limousine drivers for violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act)
- Marple Township Planning Commission, Chairman, 2013
- Marple Township Planning Commission, Member
- St. Joseph’s Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
- United States District Court For the Eastern District of Pennsylvania – Certificate of Recognition for service and participation on the Plaintiffs’ Employment Panel
- Legal Intelligencer – Best Commercial Litigation Verdicts of 2011
- Suburban Life Magazine – Awesome Attorney 2012
- Marple Newtown Soccer Association – board member, director of player development and travel team coach
- Marple Township political committees
- Delco Celtic Adult Soccer – administrator and player-coach