Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Protecting the Rights of Victims in Chester County and Delaware County
When you seek help from a doctor or some other medical professional, or you visit a clinic or a hospital for medical treatment, you should be able to have confidence that you will receive proper evaluation and care. Sadly, there are times when appropriate care is not provided.
If you have suffered an injury or if a loved one has lost their life due to incompetence or negligence, the caring team of West Chester medical malpractice lawyers at Eckell Sparks can help.
We have an outstanding record of financial recovery in both jury verdicts and settlements for medical malpractice cases, including some with very substantial recoveries. We can offer you exceptional guidance in all areas of medical malpractice, including:
- Physician negligence: You should expect appropriate standards of care from doctors and other medical professionals, and they are legally obligated to provide it.
- Opioid Over-prescription: Research shows that some physicians over-prescribe or wrongly prescribe highly addictive opioids, which can lead to addiction and suffering for patients and their families.
- Birth Injuries: Doctors, nurses, and hospital staff are required to provide appropriate assessment and care prenatally, and throughout labor and delivery to protect both you and your baby from illness and injury.
- Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis: Physicians are obligated to provide you with appropriate tests and an accurate and timely diagnosis of cancers and other medical conditions. Failure to do so can be tragic.
- Hospital Negligence: Proper and safe hospital procedures are essential to good outcomes, and anything less can cause disastrous effects. Surgical errors, incorrect files and charts, medication errors, and lack of communication between hospital physicians and general practitioners can result in serious medical mistakes.
- Nursing Home Negligence: It can be difficult to trust a nursing home or a long-term-care facility with the care of a loved one, and when a loved one is mistreated it can be traumatic. If your loved one has suffered improper care or undignified treatment, we can help.
- Fatal Medical Malpractice: If someone you love passed away because of a misdiagnosis, a medical error, or a hospital error, we can help you receive the financial recovery you deserve.
- Emergency Room Delays and Mistakes: In an emergency, every single second is important. If treatment is delayed or a mistake is made during a critical moment, it can lead to disastrous, life-changing consequences.
- Patient Allergy Errors: Failing to consider or assess a patient for allergies can lead to devastating and possibly deadly allergic reactions.
- Cosmetic Surgery Mistakes: When you trust your appearance to a cosmetic surgeon and something goes wrong, it can have a traumatic effect on your life in many ways. You may need additional surgery to correct mistakes; or you may not be able to repair the damage.
- Anesthesia Malpractice: An anesthesiologist holds the fate of a patient in his or her hands. When there is negligence or incompetence, it can result in brain damage or fatal injury. Those who survive may need lifelong assistance; those who perish will leave heartbroken families behind.
- Failure to Diagnose Strokes: Strokes affect about a half a million people each year. Failure to diagnose a stroke can result in brain injury and fatality.
When you choose our firm for your medical malpractice case, we will review your case, request your medical records, seek opinions from medical experts, prepare a strong complaint against the medical provider, and stand by you through every phase of litigation.
Chester County Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Seek Justice for Injured Parties
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you can trust the West Chester medical malpractice lawyers at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C. to provide powerful representation and to earn you the financial compensation you deserve. Please contact us online or call 610-565-3700. Our offices are conveniently located in Media and West Chester, Pennsylvania, where we serve clients across Chester County, Delaware County, the greater Philadelphia area and throughout Pennsylvania.