Delco Car Accident Lawyers
Advocating for Car Accident Victims in Pennsylvania
It is inevitable that every driver will get into a car accident at some point. Fortunately, most people only suffer property damage or minor injuries. However, every year hundreds lose their lives in car accidents in Pennsylvania. These tragedies impact their lives and the lives of their families forever. The experienced Pennsylvania car accident lawyers at Eckell Sparks are dedicated to fighting for the victims of car accidents.
Types of Car Accidents
We have experience litigating all types of car accident claims, including:
- Distracted Driving/Texting and Driving. As we increasingly rely on smartphones for everything from GPS devices, to communication, to controlling the music we play in our cars, the rate of fatalities due to distracted driving continues to skyrocket.
- Drunk Driving. Despite all the campaigns and educational programs, drunk driving remains one of the leading causes of injury and fatality on our nation’s roads. Under some circumstances, the provider of alcohol may also be found negligent and held liable for resulting injuries.
- Head-On Collisions. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, head on collisions are the deadliest of all motor vehicle accidents.
- High Speed Collisions. Nearly one-third of all fatal car accidents are caused by excessive speed.
- Rear-End Collisions. These types of accidents are almost always the fault of the trailing driver. Despite being extremely common, rear-end crashes can result in life-changing neck and spinal cord injuries.
- Road Rage. When someone drives in a threatening or aggressive manner and causes a car accident, it constitutes as assault. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, aggressive driving is a progression of unlawful driving actions including speeding, improper or excessive lane changing, failing to signal, and improper passing.
- Rollover Accidents. Often, in rollovers, the road conditions or the vehicle itself are to blame. These cases often involve proving a design or manufacturing defect. At Eckell Sparks, we have extensive experience handling these types of cases.
- Side Impact Collisions. These are very common accidents, and also very serious. Side impact crashes cause close to 9,000 fatalities every year.
- Uninsured Drivers. Fighting your own insurance company for uninsured motorist coverage can be just as difficult as fighting the insurer of a negligent driver. Speak to an experienced Pennsylvania car accident lawyer before accepting an offer of settlement.
What Kind of Damages Can I Recover?
After a car accident, you may be eligible to recover for medical expenses, physical therapy, property damage or loss, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If a member of your family was lost in a preventable car accident, you may be eligible to recover for wrongful death.
Collection of Evidence
The Pennsylvania car accident lawyers at Eckell Sparks know how to collect evidence, and use it to your advantage to help you recover the monetary compensation you deserve. We interview witnesses, take photos of the scene, investigate police reports, analyze insurance company reports, review medical bills, locate and review video evidence, and reconstruct the scene of the accident.
Dealing With the Insurance Company
Many people ask whether they should speak to the other driver’s insurance company. The best course of action would be to allow your attorney to deal with the insurance company. Insurance adjusters will take any statement you make, and spin it to their advantage, often resulting in a denial of your claim. Along the same lines, if an insurance company makes you an offer, it is best to consult with your lawyer before accepting. Insurance companies typically offer a much lower settlement than needed. We have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies, and attaining successful results for our clients.
Delaware County Personal Injury Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Fight for Victims of Car Accidents
The Media car accident lawyers at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C. are well renowned and trusted in their field. We have a long track record of obtaining successful results for our clients. To speak to a qualified lawyer today, call us at 610-565-3701 or contact us online.
We represent clients in Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Chester County, as well as in the communities of Lansdale, Norristown, West Chester, Malvern, King of Prussia, Wayne, Drexel Hill, Glenside, Phoenixville, Havertown, Media, Upper Darby, Chester, Downingtown, Coatesville, Pottstown, Springfield, North Wales, Marcus Hook, Lansdowne, Ambler, and Collegeville, Pennsylvania.