Michael is a Partner at the law firm of Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C., in Media, Delaware County, where he heads up the Firm’s Employment Law & Discrimination practice and represents plaintiffs in personal injury and various civil litigation matters. Michael is a former President of the Delaware County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, and previously served as the Bar Association’s Corresponding Secretary. Michael currently sits on the Bar Association’s Executive Board as its Recording Secretary, and also Chairs the Bar Association’s Bench Bar Conference Program Committee. In 2017, Michael received the Nicolas D. Vadino, Jr., Memorial Award from the Delaware County Bar Association, which is given to recognize significant contributions by a young lawyer to the organized bar. In addition to his service to the Delaware County Bar Association, Michael has previously served on the Board of Governors for the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), as well as Chair of both the PAJ Auto Law and Future Leaders Sections.
Michael is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for District of New Jersey, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has presented seminars and lectures on various topics relating to employment law, automobile insurance law, and civil litigation for the Delaware County Bar Association, PAJ, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, and more. Michael has been selected as a SuperLawyers® “Rising Star” in the area of employment law each consecutive year since 2012, and is rated by “AVVO®” as a 10.0 / 10.0 attorney.
Michael J. Davey is the recent recipient of the Nicolas D. Vadino, Jr., Memorial Award from the Delaware County Bar Association
Michael received his J.D. degree from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, where he was a Senior Editor of the Pennsylvania State University International Law Review, a member of the law school’s award-winning National Moot Court Trial Team that competed in the 2004–2005 National Finals in San Antonio, Texas, and was inducted into the Order of Barristers. Michael completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, where he majored in Government and Politics.
Outside of the practice of law, Michael, his wife, and their two children, live in Garnet Valley, PA, where he has served on the Board of Directors of his Homeowners’ Association, as an elected Auditor for Bethel Township, Delaware County, and as a Township Supervisor. Michael currently serves as the Chair of the Bethel Township Board of Supervisors.
- Website— Pennsylvania Employment Law, available at www.paemploymentlaw.blogspot.com
- Michael J. Davey, Ricci v. DeStefano— A Troublesome Burden for Employers, The Legal Intelligencer, Vol. P.4685, p:7, 9 (July 23, 2009).
- Michael J. Davey, To the Victor Go No Spoils? The U.S. as Invading Military Force and Its Relationship with Economic Contracts in Occupied Iraq, 23 Penn St. Dick. Int’r. L. Rev. 3, 721-39.
- Chair, Board of Supervisors for Bethel Township, Delaware County
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Northbrook Community Homeowners Association
“Michael Davey provided excellent service, with a personal touch. He set clear expectations, helped to prepare me every step of the way and was always responsive throughout a very stressful time. I recommend him and the team of Eckell Sparks highly.”
“Highly qualified and empathetic.
When my attorney passed away suddenly, Michael Davey was recommended, as a highly qualified lawyer, who also has empathy for his clients. Mike was able to resolve my case quickly, and to my satisfaction. Thank you Eckell & Sparks, and thank you Mike.”
– Jim Donahue
“Working with Eckell Sparks was the first time I had ever used a law firm. Mike Davey was responsible for my case and I could not be happier. Mike was always approachable, honest, and he provided much-needed guidance in the months leading up to our closure. Mike was fantastic and I am going to keep his information should I ever need his services again.”
“I could not be happier with the experience I had with Michael Davey. He walked me through the process of my discrimination suit step by step and held my hand the whole time. I had no prior experience with anything like this and he answered every one of my questions without all the fancy legal jargon. He was always accessible to me whenever I had concerns or thought of something that could be useful. From our first meeting to the last hearing, he was absolutely wonderful. He helped me through an awful experience with my previous employer and fought for me and what I deserved to the end. He talked me through every aspect in a way that was comfortable and like talking to an old friend. If I had to do the entire lawsuit over again, I would go with Michael Davey.”
“I had an employment issue, and Mr. Davey handled my case very professionally. He addressed all my questions and concerns and was always available to talk. His knowledge of the information surrounding my case was excellent, and he consistently provided me with a thorough explanation of everything pertaining to my case, every step of the way. I would feel very confident with his representation should I have any future matter, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for strong, quality representation.”
“I was having a legal issue involving my job and sought the advice of a few lawyers. Despite the strong amount of evidence I had in my favor no lawyer would bother with me or wanted a large lump sum before we talked about how to proceed. I felt like giving up until a co-worker strongly recommended Mr. Davey to me. I am so glad I went! My case was handled quickly, professionally and my issue was resolved in a matter of a few weeks. Mr. Davey kept in contact with me throughout the whole ordeal and made sure I had the latest updates. If anyone is ever having any legal trouble I will be handing them Mr. Davey’s business card.”
“While being ever the professional, Mike is always wise in advice. I took a stand for Mental Illness in the work force, and he stood behind me all the way! I come from a family of lawyers (3 out of 4 siblings) so attorneys I know well! He should be a judge, he has the right stuff!!”
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Automobile Accidents
- Contract Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Falls
- Tax Assessment Appeals
Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2005
- Senior Editor, Pennsylvania State University International Law Review
- Member, National Moot Court Trial Team — Regional Champions, 2004-2005 National Finals Participants, San Antonio, Texas
- Inductee, Order of Barristers
- Who’s Who— American Law Students (23rd Edition)
- ADR Society, 2003-2004 Executive Board Treasurer
- Student Body Association Budget Committee (2004-2005 Board)
- University of Maryland, College Park, BA Government & Politics, 2001
- Public Leadership Citation
- College Park Scholars
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honors Society
- University of Maryland Capitol Hill Internship Program
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Delaware County Trial Lawyers Association