Springfield Township Car Accident Lawyers
Springfield Township, Pennsylvania, or simply Springfield, has its share of car accidents every year. Trying to recover from physical and emotional injuries while facing all that needs to be done after a car accident can be overwhelming. There are many issues to deal with, especially if you are struggling to return to work. A Springfield Township car accident lawyer can help guide you through the legal process.
Eckell Sparks has built long-lasting relationships with clients for nearly 60 years. We take pride in being equipped to handle our clients’ legal needs. Top-quality representation is the foundation of our success as a full-service law firm.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Injured in an Accident?
The first thing you should do if you have been injured in an accident is to seek immediate medical treatment. This is crucial not only for your health and safety but also to preserve a record for any future legal proceedings. When interacting with responding officers, be sure to make an accurate statement. If you are unsure of any details, do not guess the facts. Be sure to obtain copies of any police reports, medical records, and eyewitness statements. Do your best to exchange contact information with the other parties involved in the accident as well as any witnesses at the scene.
You should also consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after being involved in an accident. A dedicated attorney will take over the details of your case so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. You will also be ensured that your claim is handled properly and in an efficient manner.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Determining the value of a car accident claim can be a complex calculation that depends on several factors, including:
- Identity of at-fault parties.
- Nature and degree of injuries.
- Type and cost of medical treatment received.
- Whether an injury resulted in a partial or permanent disability.
- Likelihood and cost of ongoing medical care.
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity.
- Other losses.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, your car accident lawyer may be able to help you obtain compensation for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and punitive damages. In wrongful death cases, family members may seek compensation for loss of companionship, loss of consortium, and other emotional and financial losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Every state has a statute of limitations, or period, in which injured parties are permitted to make a claim or file a lawsuit after suffering an injury in a car accident. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is two years from the date the accident occurred.
Claims for compensation may not be made after the two-year period expires except under very limited exceptions. If a car accident case involves a wrongful death claim, the two-year period begins on the date of the death, which may be later than the date of the crash.
How Long Does the Claims Process Take?
There are many details to deal with after being involved in a car accident, which is why it is essential to have a knowledgeable car accident lawyer on your side. A Springfield Township car accident lawyer can submit your case for settlement as soon as you have completed any prescribed medical or therapeutic treatment. Our legal team will ensure we have all supporting evidence, including medical records, expert reports, receipts, and lost wage information.
Our goal is to settle claims as quickly as possible and ease the process for our clients. It is important to remember that every case is different with its own timeline. Some cases settle within a couple of months, while others may proceed to trial, a process that can take a year or more. Our car accident lawyers make sure our clients never settle for less than what they need and deserve.
How Can an Attorney Help Me with My Case?
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is crucial to get proper medical treatment as soon as possible. It is also important to hire an experienced car accident lawyer to assist with what can be a complex legal progress.
There are several reasons to hire a car accident lawyer, including:
- A skilled car accident lawyer will help move the case along quickly. Car accident cases can go on for months or years before relief for damages or compensation is received. With an experienced car accident lawyer on your side, the process will go smoothly.
- You will be assured that the accident site is investigated, any eyewitnesses to the car accident are interviewed, police and medical records are requested, and experts are consulted.
- All phone contact and necessary correspondence with insurance companies, other parties, attorneys, or other representatives will be handled by your car accident lawyer.
- Multiple insurance policy claims are often filed after a car accident. It is important to hire a car accident lawyer who is knowledgeable of the proper procedures, including discovery requests, filing all possible claims, and the statute of limitations.
- A car accident lawyer will be able to help calculate how much compensation could potentially be obtained, considering current and future medical bills, physical therapy and counseling, present and future lost wages, pain and suffering, punitive damages, and property damage.
Springfield Township Car Accident Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Will Protect Your Rights and Determine Your Legal Options
Our Springfield Township car accident lawyers at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C. protect the needs and rights of our clients. Call us today at 610-565-3701 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. Located in Media and West Chester, Pennsylvania, we represent clients in Delaware County, Chester County, and Montgomery County.