Should I Go to Urgent Care After a Car Accident?

April 5, 2023
Chester County Car Accident Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Give Legal Advice to Those Who Have Been Injured in Collisions.

Immediately after a car accident, you may feel no physical discomfort. This happens because of increased adrenaline. However, just because you feel minimal pain does not mean you should avoid seeing a health care professional as soon as possible.

Many car crash injuries take hours or even days to appear, so you should go to a medical facility following an accident. The faster you are evaluated, the sooner you can start necessary treatment and begin the healing process. Determining whether you should go to urgent care, the emergency room, or your primary physician depends on your situation and injury.

The more serious your injury, the sooner you should get emergency attention. This means going to the nearest emergency room. Emergency rooms are the right place to go if you have a head wound, bone fractures, suspected internal bleeding, or other life-threatening injuries.

If your injuries do not require immediate attention or necessitate an immediate CT scan or X-ray, an urgent care center may be a better choice. Urgent care is best for non-emergency problems, like bruises and minor lacerations.

Typically, you may want to follow up with your primary care provider after either going to the emergency room or urgent care center.

Getting the Right Treatment After a Car Crash

It can be difficult and overwhelming to pay for out-of-pocket costs, but your health is top priority. Depending on your situation, you may be entitled to financial compensation to cover your medical costs.

Before you accept a settlement offer or pursue legal option, speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Be sure to keep records of all your medical bills as well. Your bills will help support your case as you continue to get better and work with your lawyer.

Chester County Car Accident Lawyers at Eckell Sparks Give Legal Advice to Those Who Have Been Injured in Collisions

Did a car accident leave you with mounting bills from an urgent care center, emergency room, or both? Talk to one of our Chester County car accident lawyers at Eckell, Sparks, Levy, Auerbach, Monte, Sloane, Matthews & Auslander, P.C. Call us at 610-565-3701 or complete our online form to schedule an initial consultation and to learn more about our legal services. We are located in Media and West Chester, Pennsylvania, and we serve clients in Montgomery County, Delaware County, and Chester County.